Andy Beshear for Governor is seeking a Digital Content Producer to join our Digital team for the 2023 cycle. We are looking for a smart, hard-working and passionate individual ready to join a fast-paced team to re-elect Governor Andy Beshear this year. This is a full-time, in-person position that reports to the Digital Director.
- Help communicate Governor Beshear’s story and message to voters and donors using visual media
- Design social media graphics and shoot, produce, and edit videos, including static graphics, motion graphics, GIFs, etc.
- Gather assets at campaign events including taking photos, capturing video, and sharing live social media updates.
- Work with the Digital Director to create compelling content that engages our supporters and grows our following to meet long and short-term goals.
- Work with all departments to meet design and video needs.
- Keep a pulse on the latest social media trends and bring new ideas to the table for visual content.
- Other duties as needed and assigned within and outside of the digital department.
Skills or qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience working on video, photo, and/or graphic design. Campaign experience a plus, but not required.
- Experience creating digital content for social media channels, and an understanding of how to create optimized content for each channel.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, including Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effects (or other video software of choice).
- Knowledge on encoding formats, embedding, export settings, aspect ratios, and frame rates, familiarity with 4K camera picture profiles and recording settings.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and solve problems creatively.
- Willingness to work long hours and irregular campaign hours, including nights and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work in the Louisville area
- Experience with copyediting is a plus.
Compensation: $5,000 per month plus 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits.
To apply: Please send resume, portfolio and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Content Producer” in the subject.
Andy Beshear for Governor is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.